The apartment is in an ideal position, in a countryside setting with great views and seclusion, a pool and private terrace: but the restaurants and amenities of Menerbes are just 3 minutes walk down the hill. The interior is modern and comfortable, with air-conditioned bedrooms, and specifically designed for 4-person rentals. There are two other units of the same size on the grounds and the pool is shared with them and set back away from the accommodation.
- Kitchen: With 3-ring stove, table-top combination microwave/grill, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine and washing machine. Next to the kitchen is the dining table, and through french doors the outside dining on the patio.
- Living Room: Open-plan to the kitchen, with sofa and chairs around a fireplace. Big french doors open out to the patio. There is WiFi internet throughout.
The apartment sleeps 4 people in 2 air-conditioned bedrooms, each with en suite bathroom. Bedrooms are ground-floor.
- Bedroom 1: Air-conditioned, with a a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: Air-conditioned and can be configured with either two single beds or a 1.6m/5ft-wide double. The en suite bathroom has walk-in shower, basin and WC.
The apartment has a private patio across its front, with dining table and lounging area. It faces across the garden towards the pool, which is 20 metres away, and shared with the two other rental units on the property. The pool measures 12m x 5m (40 x 16ft).
The setting is a plateau above the village of Menerbes, with pine trees and garrigue, totally peaceful but only 3 minutes walk into the village.
The property is at the end of a very quiet cul-de-sac and has off-street parking.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Setting: Like a secret place hanging above Menerbes, nobody knows it’s here, a piece of Provence countryside with dominant long Luberon view.
- Menerbes: One of the best villages in the Luberon to be based in. Not too small, not too busy, gorgeous to look at, and with a couple of good restaurants so you don’t have to drive to eat out.
- Pool: The pool is a real bonus for an apartment, and has a great view of the Luberon from an elevated position.
- Air conditioning: A/C in both bedrooms, and the benefit can also be felt in the living room.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has a security alarm but extra care should be taken with supervision of young children.
The apartment is in a very peaceful setting on a hill above the wonderful village of Menerbes, which can be reached on foot in 3 minutes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €300 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions