Le Murier takes its name from the tree that gently shades its private terrace, and with its stone walls and wooden beams retains much of its original Provencal charm. The cosy living area is open plan with the kitchen taking up it’s own niche and then stairs in two corners one leading to the Master bedroom and the other up to the twin bedroom and family bathroom.
Living Room: A sofa and an armchair help make a comfortable lounge area around a log burning stove, it has a flat screen TV with British satellite channels as well as French, and a DVD player. The dining area has a round table with four 4 dining chairs (more are available)
Kitchen: The bespoke contemporary kitchen is equipped with oven, 4-ring ceramic hob, microwave, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, and coffee machine.
Le Murier can comfortably sleep 4 – 6 people having 2 bedrooms the master with en-suite bathroom, there is also a double sofa bed in the living room
Bedroom 1: This room has a large (1.5m/5ft-wide) double bed, and looks out on to the courtyard garden. The en-suite has a bath, a walk in shower, a WC, wash-stand and bowl and electric towel dryer.
Bedroom 2: This room has twin single beds which can be configured as a (1.8m/6ft-wide) double This room looks out onto the murier tree terrace garden towards the pool. On this level there is a family bathroom with a walk in shower a WC, wash-stand and twin bowls and electric towel dryer.
Mas des Cedres is set in beautiful grounds at the foot of the Luberon hills, near the beautiful village of Menerbes. The Mas (provencal farmhouse) has two rentals Cerisier and Murier with the wlecoming owners living in another appartment on site, perfect if you need any advice or help.
Outside the Murier has two terraces outside the front door is a terrace with garden furniture and barbecue, and then a smaller shaded terrace under the Murier tree looking out on the grounds and pool.
The grounds, gardens and pool are shared with the other apartment but each one is separate, facing in different directions, and have their own private outside terrace with dining table and chairs.
Pool: The pool is 10 x 5m (33 x 16ft), with roman steps at the shallow end Around the pool are very comfortable sunloungers and parasols, as well as the pool house and shower. For security the pool area is fenced and gated.
Boules: There is a ‘Bouledrome’ for a freindly match.
Laundry room: This contains two washing machines, a washing line is available on the side of the property.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Family fun: Comes from a good mix of distractions for children and the possibility of other children to play with from the other rentals. Also the automatic gates and surrounding hedges ensures they remain inside safely
- Exploring: Set within the Luberon “Golden Triangle” the property is ideally suited as a base to explore all the region has to offer.
- Relaxing: The Murier and Mas des Cedres are set-up for as a haven of comfort and relaxtion.
- Pool: The pool area is large with plenty of room for everyone to find a lounging with shade options in the pool house or from the shading cedar trees when if it gets too hot for sunbathing.
Things to note
- Shared grounds: The Mas has large grounds and plenty of places to find some solitude but the grounds and amenities are shared.
- Country life: The property rests in the countryside below Menerbes village and will require a 20 minute walk to reach it on foot, so a car is recommended to get about to visit the area.
- Vines and Fields: The property is set amongst the vines and Fields and from time to time the farmers may be out tending them, privacy is maintained however due to the high hedges surrounding the grounds.
- No Tennis: The tennis court is to be replaced by a new garden in 2020. There are however a Tennis clubs just 5 minutes away in Oppede or Menerbes.
Mas des Cedres is on the plain below the hilltop village of Menerbes about 1km from the town.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/42 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, all house utilities, after stay clean, after stay pool clean and gardening.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are prohibited in this house.
- Full rental conditions