Set in the beautiful 12th century medieval village of Oppede le Vieux with it’s restored church and ruined castle.
The house is found at the top of the street overlooking the old ramparts and gatehouse. Accessing the houses’ terrace through the outer wall you step into an oasis of calm.
Stepping into the main hallway that wraps around the house the large windows give both a view outside and illuminate the interior of this large and comfortable renovated town house.
- Hallway: Is wide and inviting and the hub of the house, with multiple options for places to sit dine and take in the view to the terrace and hills.
- Snug/Office: This room has an intimate and cosy feel with its sofas and fire place. There is also a large desk here to create a home office if required.
- Kitchen/Diner: The kitchen is well equipped with a large double oven and stone worktops and sink. There is a dining area to the rear of the kitchen with a round table and seating for 6.
- Lounge: This room is bright and airy with its floor to ceiling windows. This means that wherever you sit you will have a view outside and a view out to the Luberon hills. The room has sofas for relaxing and a table and chairs too.
There are 3 bedrooms sleeping 6 people one is on the same level as the rest of the house but the other two have some steps.
- Bedroom 1: On the ground floor this generous sized double bedroom suite benefits from panoramic views on two sides across the village. There is sofa for relaxing and an ensuite shower room.
- Bedroom 2: On the ground floor but with some steps down then up to another generous double Bedroom. This room has a desk and views out to the town as well as an ensuite bath room.
- Bedroom 3: Upstairs you will find a twin room with a great view over the village. There is an ensuite shower room.
The house is private from the rest of the village with its enclosed terrace. The large terrace has a pool with sun loungers. There is a shaded area for dining out of the sunshine and a smaller table under the shade of a mulberry tree.
From the terrace you can take in the vista of the Luberon hills, Oppede le Vieux and the valley as it stretches away towards Avignon. The perfect place to relax and enjoy Provence at its finest.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: Set in an ideal spot with views to the Luberon hills, centrally placed to explore the Luberon or the cites of Avignon, Marseille or Aix .
- Style: The house has an almost colonial feel to it, with beautiful detailing and furnished with taste.
- Pool: Even though this house is in the village where space si a premium there is a refreshing pool to enjoy.
- Village life: Set in the calm at the side of the village just 1 minute away from the restaurants and a few minutes from other villages such as Oppede, Menerbes etc.
Things to note
- Pool Security: Although the pool has an alarm, care should be taken with small children.
Oppede Vista is in a calm setting on the edge of the village.
There are two Oppedes which are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley. There there are two restaurants and an excellent pottery shop
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
Menerbes is Oppede’s more famous neigbour, with a beautiful medieval town and far reaching views.
- The nearest international airports to Oppede are Marseille (60km/37 miles), Nice (166km/103 miles), Nimes (69km/42 miles), Montpellier (160km/99 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Oppede are Aix-en-Provence TGV (43km/26 miles) and Avignon TGV (27km/16 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €750 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions