€1345-€1625 / week
Location: Beautiful village, with bakery and restaurants on the doorstep.
Outside: A private space for eating, sunbathing and relaxing.
View: Lovely view from the bedrooms of Luberon mountain.
Air Conditioning: Always nice to keep the bedrooms fresh in summer.
A bijou little cottage with air-conditioned bedrooms in a very peaceful setting right in the middle of the village of Menerbes, with bakery, bar and restaurants around the corner.
On the ground floor is the living room and kitchen which are open-plan, and on the floor below is the laundry room.
- Living Room: South-facing and full of light, with sofa and armchairs around the fireplace, dining table by the kitchen, as well as TV/DVD with French and English-language channels. The house has WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: Equipped with extra-large over, 6-ring stove, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, coffee machine.
- Laundry Room: Down a level from the living room, with washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Guest WC: On the ground floor, in the entrance lobby.
The cottage has two air-conditioned bedrooms and two bathrooms, sleeping up to 4 people.
- Bedroom 1: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide double bed, and two big windows with super Luberon view. The en suite bathroom has bath with overhead shower, basin and separate WC.
- Bedroom 2: Best suited to children, this room has two single beds which are 1.9m/6.25ft long and 80cm/32″ wide, and a writing desk. The en suite bathroom has shower, basin and WC, and view of the citadel of Menerbes.
Outside the cottage has a courtyard patio with dining table, seating and pergola for shade, and a dipping basin – like a cold-water outdoor tub – to cool off on hot days.
The gate opens out to a pedestrian lane that goes up into the centre of the village, and there is free parking on the street which is 20 metres away.
At a glance
1 Double bed
2 Single beds
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Comfort: The house is well equipped and maintained with good quality evident throughout, from bathrooms to laundry room.
- Bedroom Views: Over the Luberon countryside, giving a feeling of being in a village but open to the surrounding landscape.
- Patio: The summer living room, where you can eat and relax, in shade or sun, and even with a dipping basin if it gets too hot.
- Location: Menerbes is a famously gorgeous village. In 1 minute, or 2 if you dally, you can stroll to a baguette, a coffee, a grocery store, a newspaper or a choice of Menerbes restaurants.
Things to note
- Minimum Age: Because of potential drops from the upstairs windows the minimum age is set at 6 years old.
- Air Conditioning: There is A/C in the two bedrooms only.
Le Patio de Menerbes is right in the centre of the village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €300 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Minimum Age: Minimum age for this house is 6 years old.
- Full rental conditions