€1255-€2380 / week
Comfort: Contemporary Provencal character in a sympathetic renovation.
Fenced Pool: With diving board – fun for all.
Enclosed grounds: Gated secure grounds for children to play in.
Tennis Court: Hard court, rackets and balls provided.
Originally starting out as the hub of the silk worm production at Mas des Cedres, Maison la Platane has been converted into a spacious living accommodation with modern amenities, in a Provençal farmhouse style.
On entering the house via the courtyard you climb the rustic stone staircase to arrive on the main floor of the house. A large kitchen flows through to a dining area, seating up to 10 people, and the generous sitting room.
Living Room: This beautifully furnished living space with large comfortable sofas and has a hi-fi with iPod docking station, 42” flat screen TV, DVD player and British freeview satellite TV, and is surrounded by period Provençal features, such as the large stone fireplace housing a log burning stove and exposed traditional beams. This large lounge/diner leads onto a balcony via three sets of French doors.
Dining: This area has a large Oak table with 8 chairs.
Kitchen: The bespoke contemporary kitchen is a lovely bright room with everything the keen chef could need: American side-by-side fridge-freezer, range cooker with double oven, 5 gas burners and hot-plate, microwave, and dishwasher..
Balcony: This benefits from the shade of the large plane tree from which the Maison la Platane derives its name. The balcony is private to ‘La Platane’ and seats 6-8 people. Here you can enjoy barbeques with a view of the Luberon hills.
Le Platane can comfortably sleep 7 people having 1 master double with en-suite bathroom and on the other side of the building are 2 double bedrooms (1 with an additional single bed) which share a bathroom
Bedroom 1: The master bedroom has a 1.6m-wide bed (5.25ft) and looks out over the grounds towards the pool and Mont Ventoux in the distance. The en-suite bathroom has a bath, a large walk-in shower, double basin, WC. and electric towel dryer.
Bedroom 2: This room has a double 1.4m-wide bed (4.6ft) This room looks out onto the courtyard and across to the balcony. It shares a shower room with Bedroom 3.
Bedroom 3: This room has a double 1.4m-wide bed (4.6ft) and a single 90cm-wide bed (3ft). This room looks out across the vines and the hills beyond. It shares a shower room with Bedroom 2.
Mas des Cedres is set in beautiful grounds at the foot of the Luberon hills, near the beautiful village of Menerbes. The Mas (provencal farmhouse) is split into four very different rentals Cerisier, Plantane, Murier, Amandier named for trees growing near each one.
Outside the Platane has a large balcony for eating and barbecueing in the shade of the plane tree. It overlooks the courtyard and has views onto the hills and vines.
The grounds, pool and tennis court are shared with three other apartments but each one is separate, facing in different directions, and have their own private outside terrace with dining table and chairs.
Pool: The pool is 10 x 5m (33 x 16ft), with roman steps at the shallow end and a diving board at the deep end. Around the pool are very comfortable sunloungers and parasols, as well as the pool house and shower. For security the pool area is fenced and gated.
Tennis: The surface is hard, and has night lighting too. Rackets and balls are provided
Boules: Alongside the Tennis court is a ‘bouledrome’ with seating underneath a nearby shady pergola ideal to keep cool you and your drinks cool.
Play area: This has various swings and a slide.
Laundry room: This contains two washing machines, the tennis rackets and DVD collection. A washing line is available on the side of the property.
At a glance
Sleeps 6 [4 + 2]
1 Double beds
2 Single beds
1 Sofa bed
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Family fun: Comes from a good mix of distractions for children and the possibility of other children to play with from the other rentals. Also the automatic gates and surrounding hedges ensures they remain inside safely
- Exploring: Set within the Luberon “Golden Triangle” the property is ideally suited as a base to explore all the region has to offer.
- Relaxing: The Platane and Mas des Cedres are set-up for as a haven of comfort and relaxtion.
- Pool and Tennis court: There are not just fun for little ones! The pool area is large with plenty of room for everyone to find a lounging with shade options in the pool house or from the shading cedar trees when if it gets too hot for sunbathing.
Things to note
- Shared grounds: Mas des Cedres has large grounds and plenty of places to find some solitude but the grounds and amenities are shared amongst the four rentals
- Country life: The property rests in the countryside below Menerbes village and will require a 20 minute walk to reach it on foot, so a car is recommended to get about to visit the area.
- Vines and Fields: The property is set amongst the vines and Fields and from time to time the farmers may be out tending them, privacy is maintained however due to the high hedges surrounding the grounds.
Mas des Cedres is on the plain below the hilltop village of Menerbes about 1km from the town.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/42 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, all house utilities, after stay clean, after stay pool clean and gardening.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are prohibited in this house.
- Full rental conditions