€1905-€2975 / week
Location: Close to both Saignon and Apt.
Setting: Tranquil setting enveloped by pine trees.
Hikes: It’s in the heart of great hiking country.
Price: A most affordable 5-bedroom Luberon house.
Provece Pines is set in the wooded hills above the market town of Apt and below the beautiful village of Saignon. Its interior style is Provencal country with rustic charm, sleeping 10 people in 5 bedrooms.
- Living Room: A triple aspect sunny room set around the old stone fireplace, with sofas and armchairs, and a piano. The house has WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: Equipped with 4-ring cooker, wall-mounted oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine and Senseo coffee machine. Under tthe stairs are the washing machine and tumble dryer, as well as a second fridge-freezer. The kitchen opens out to the terrace with outside dining table.
- Dining room: Between kitchen and living room is a large entrance hall with dining table by a stone fireplace.
- TV room: There is a basic TV area on the landing by the master bedroom with French channels and DVD, and with low seating best suited to children.
- Guest WC: Guest WC is on the ground floor.
The house sleeps 10 people in 5 bedrooms, with 3 bathrooms. Three bedrooms are upstairs in the main house and two are on the ground floor in the annex by the pool.
- Bedroom 1: Up its own stairs and separate from the other bedrooms, the master bedroom is a large triple-aspect room with garden views and a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. Its en suite bathroom has bath with hand-held shower, double basins and separate WC.
- Bedroom 2: Can be set up with two single beds or one double, and has its own terrace with deckchairs where you can pick figs from the overhanging tree.
- Bedroom 3: Can also be configured as either a double or two single beds.
- Bathroom 2: Next to bedrooms 2 and 3, with bath, hand-held shower, basin and a separate WC.
- Bedroom 4: In the annex by the pool, with twin beds.
- Bedroom 4: In the annex by the pool, with a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed, and large patio doors out to the garden.
- Bathroom 3: Between bedrooms 4 and 5 and with doors to both. With shower, basin and WC.
The house is set in 1.4 acres of land and surrounded by trees, in a calm and peaceful setting. To the front of the house is the shaded terrace with dining table, and below that is a large expanse of grass providing a space for children to expend their energies.
The pool is to the side and measures 10m x 4.5m (32 x 15ft). The pool area is walled off and gated, and has sunloungers and garden furniture.
There is a second outdoor dining table under cover with barbecue and wood-burning pizza oven. This space also has a 2-ring cooker and sink for cooking independently from the kitchen.
The GR92 hiking path runs by the house, which is perfect for walkers – this path goes from Apt over the top of the Luberon mountain and down to the south side of the Luberon natural park.
At a glance
3 Double beds
4 Single beds
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Location: A peaceful location but only 1 mile from all the amenities of the market town of Apt in one direction, and 2 miles to the lovely perched medieval village of Saignon in the other direction.
- Price: This is a very reasonably priced 5-bedroom house with pool in the heart of the sought-after Luberon natural park.
- Pizza oven: You haven’t tasted pizza until you have made your own in a real wood-burning pizza oven.
- Hiking: The Luberon is great hiking terrain and here you are on one of the main arteries, which you can join right from the gate.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool area is gated but extra care and attention are needed for young children.
- Young children: A small stream runs just below the property and is not fenced off.
Provence Pines is in the countryside 1 mile from the market town of Apt and 1.5 miles from the village of Saignon.
Saignon has the most distinctive outline of any Provence village with its 100ft-high sheer cliff face, sitting high above the market town of Apt. The village is a typical medieval set-up with lovely little streets and squares to explore. Saignon has had no fewer than 3 castles in its time, with the remains to prove it, and it also has an imressive 12th century Romanesque church. Saignon has a couple of restaurants and a good bakery. And as you would expect from its perched setting, there are wonderful views, as far as Avignon on a clear day.
- The nearest international airports to Saignon are Marseille (75km/46 miles), Nice (228km/141 miles), Nimes (109km/67 miles), Montpellier (150km/93 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed stations to Saignon are Avignon TGV (58km/36 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (64km/39 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, and after-stay clean. For stays of two weeks or more there is a weekly change of bedding and towels. Additional changes of bedding and towels can be pre-arranged, at guests’ cost.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed inside the house. Pets are not allowed upstairs.
- Full rental conditions