La Rourette is a recently renovated Provence villa with a great view and a big pool, sleeping 6 adults and 4 children. The house is in beautiful countryside between the villages of Joucas and Murs, with a far view that takes in the ochre village of Roussillon and the Luberon mountain. Every room has the view.
- Living Room: A spacious room centred on a stone fireplace, with sofa and armchairs, and upright piano. There is a dining table by the large French doors out onto the front terrace.
- Kitchen: Equipped with 4-ring stove, oven, American fridge-freezer with ice and cold water dispenser, dishwasher, microwave, filter coffee and Nespresso. The kitchen opens onto the front terrace and connects to the living room.
- TV Room: Separate from the living room, the TV room has satellite channels including CNN. There is high-speed WiFi and an iPod dock.
The house sleeps 6 adults in 3 bedrooms, plus 4 children in a double bunk room. Master bedroom is downstairs, the other bedrooms are upstairs.
- Master Bedroom: A spacious ground-floor suite, the bed can be 2 singles or a 1.8m/6.6ft-wide double. The room also has a writing desk and sofa. The en suite bathroom has bath, separate shower, double basins and separate toilet.
- Bedroom 2: Twin room with two single beds.
- Bedroom 3: Either 2 single beds or a double 1.8m/6.6ft wide.
- Bedroom 4: A fun kids’ room for 4 with two sets of bunks and space to play. It has an en suite bathroom with shower, bath, double basins and toilet.
- Bathroom 2: Shared by bedrooms 2 and 3, this is a shower room with separate WC.
The house is in 1.2 acres of garden, with the large terrace at the front of the house leading down to lawn. The terrace is shaded by trees and has an outdoor dining table.
Terrace and garden face south to a wonderful view over the Provence landscape of vineyards and orchards, all the way to the Luberon mountain.
The pool is big – 14m x 6m (45ft x 20ft) – with depth from 1.4m to 2 m. At the shallow end are Roman steps, and there is an infra-red pool alarm for security. Next to the pool, under the shade of the rose-clad pergola, is another outside eating spot.
To the back of the property the land is terrace with olive trees, fruit trees and lavender.
There is plenty of parking space to the side of the house, as well as a garage.
At a glance
In our view
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool is not fenced but has an infra-red alarm system to warn that someone is approaching the pool. For small children extra care and supervision are advised.
Be the first to leave a review.
La Rourette is in Provence countryside between the villages of Joucas and Murs.
Joucas is a laid-back and very pretty little perched village, topped by a 900-year-old fortress. After wandering around its medieval streets you can take in the wonderful view over a morning coffee or lunch from the simple bistro La Terrasse. For the sporty there are tennis courts as well as a playground for kiddies. And Joucas also has an ace up its sleeve for foodies – a Michelin-starred restaurant, Mas des Herbes Blanches, where the view matches the food.
- The nearest international airports to Joucas are Marseille (75km/46 miles), Nice (247/153 miles), Nimes (95km/59 miles), Montpellier (135km/83 miles).The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Joucas are Avignon TGV (45km/27 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (83km/51 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Joucas are Avignon TGV (45km/27 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (83km/51 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, pool and garden maintenance, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €800 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions