Villa Cabrieres gives a lot to smile about, the house is large and open plan with a generous kitchen and living room looking out on the wide steps down to the pool area and the view out to the Luberon hills.
The villa is laid out on one floor and has a kitchen, dining area, living room and 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 3 w.c. for the cooler months there is underfoor heating and a log burner.
- Living Room: Is cosy and welcoming with large sliding doors out onto the terrace and looking out at the impressive view. There is a seating area, a piano and wood burner. There is a TV with French channels, DVD player and high-speed WiFi.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is very well equipped and featuring a large electric hob, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine. There are double patio doors leading out onto the terrace.
- Dining area: In between the living room and kitchen is a dining area with seating for 8.
- Entrance corridor: This runs behind the kichen and living room and gives access to the bedrooms.
- Guest WC: Off the Entrance corridor.
The house sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms and 3 w.c.’s. All bedrooms are on one level off the bedroom corridor.
- Master Bedroom: A welcoming and relaxing bedroom with a large double bed, a reading area and generous en-suite bathroom. It is a light room thanks to the double patio doors
- Bathroom 1: The master bedroom en-suite bathroom with walk in shower, basin and toilet.
- Bedroom 2: Across the hall the second bedroom has a double bed and built in storage, it uses bathroom 2.
- Bathroom 2: With a shower, basin and toilet. This room also holds the clothes washer and dryer.
The outside space in this house is one of its highlights. The pool, garden and terrace offer relaxing and entertainment options. There is also plenty of room for children playing games, and for those with a dog for them to play and is enclosed all around.
The terrace gives a great view out to the Luberon hills and is accessed from the living room and kitchen and ideal for al fresco dining. The wide steps take you to the garden and give another great seating area.
The garden has a almond tree mini orchard and a large lawned area.
The large pool has a seating area all around with sunloungers and has an alarm.
The grounds are completly enclosed with a gate at the front entrance and a parking area.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Garden: Great pool and plenty of space.
- Location: Easy access to the region, and only a few minnutes drive to Cabrieres, Coustellet or Gordes.
- Air conditioning: In the living room and master bedroom makes hot days more comfortable.
- Dogs Allowed: If Fido cannot bear to be without you bring him along.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
- Back steps: The great back steps are fun but do watch small children on them.
Cabrieres d’Avignon is an authentic Provence village, with the same gorgeous honey-coloured stone as its famous neighbour Gordes, but fewer visitors. Cabrieres has what you need to avoid shopping in the car – bakery, grocery, butcher and restaurant. The village also has public tennis courts and a children’s playground so it’s a good choice for families. Five minutes down the road are all the shops and farmers’ market of Coustellet. In the other direction you can head into excellent hiking territory, or follow the remains of the medieval ‘plague wall’ which was built to keep the plague out.
- The nearest international airports to Cabrieres d’Avignon are Avignon (24km/14 miles), Nimes (85km/52 miles), Montpellier (123km/76 miles), Marseille (67km/41 miles), Nice (237km/147 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Cabrieres d’Avignon is Avignon TGV (34km/21 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €800 against any breakages or damage.
- Pets: pets are allowed in the house.
- Smoking: Smoking is not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions