Located at the edge of the superb village of Bonnieux, accessible in 5 minutes on foot, and sheltered against a small limestone cliff, this house for 4 people is full of charm thanks to its authenticity and its modern, tasteful and original decoration. You climb some steps to get above street level and immediately the views reveal themselves to you. At the top of the steps is an ideal coffee and reading nook. On the ground floor, from the entrance, one enters a beautiful and spacious dining kitchen this gives access directly to the outside. There is also a workplace and cosy lounge area.
- Kitchen: A welcoming room with beamed ceiling, old tiled floor, open fireplace, round dining table and door out to the terrace and garden. The kitchen has oven, large hob, fridge and dishwasher and Nespresso coffee machine.
- Study: between the kitchen and the study has a writing desk and a view to the garden. The house has WiFi internet.
- Living Room: A cosy relaing snug with steps up to open the french windows onto the garden. * Care must be taken on these steps – not for children
The house sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms all on the top floor.
- Bedroom 1:With a 1.8m wide double or can be split into 2 singles, The view looks out over the garden on onw side and out onto the valley on the other. The large en suite bathroom has a walk in shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 2: A 1.6m wide double bed with views onto the garden. Directly accross the hall is the bathroom
- Bathroom: This generous bathroom has a freestanding bath with hand hed shower, basin and WC.
The garden not overlooked and totally private, it is beautifully planted with olive trees, lilacs, wisteria and other Mediterranean species, leads to the wonderful heated infinity pool, situated in a terraced area that gives bathers a wonderful view into the valley.
A pool house is outfitted as a summer kitchen and is complete with a large terrace for dining offering breathtaking views to complement summer lunches and dinners.
The pool measures 8m x 4m and is fenced and gated at the terrace for safety.
For outdoor eating there is a large table on the terrace overlooking the view, a pergola for shaded dining and also the pool house summer kitchen with its large viewing terrace.
You can park behind the gates of the houselower levelor on the street right outside the house.
At a glance
Villa Castelas is in the village of Bonnieux, five minute’s walk from the restaurants, cafes and shops.
Bonnieux is as picture-perfect from afar as it is on the inside. Beautifully preserved and also alive all year thanks to its shops, cafes and especially its many restaurants. There is fine architecture to be seen in Bonnieux’s streets, dating back to the middle ages. And another reason to love Bonnieux – it has magnificent views, facing west there is a panorama that takes in half of the Luberon. The Friday morning market in Bonnieux is a must, it’s well stocked with stalls and very picturesque too.
- The nearest international airports to Bonnieux are Marseille (82km/48 miles), Nice (218km/128 miles), Nimes (100km/59 miles), Montpellier (142km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Bonnieux are Aix-en-Provence TGV (57km/33 miles) and Avignon TGV (50km/29 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €400 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.