This villa is a perfect retreatin a beautiful setting that benefits from a heated pool for relaxing and playing but also a little jetty over a koi carp pond which is a fun and soothing place to unwind.
The house welcomes you into its open plan layout with a kitchen at one end, a dining area next to it, and then a lounge with full-width patio doors that give a view of the garden, pond, and stream beyond with a shaded terrace keeping the sun off the house and the outside dining, and sitting area.
There is air-conditioning on both the ground floor and in the 1st floor bedrooms
- The lounge with its patio doors to the terrace has a sofa, chaise longue, and TV.
- The dining area has a table with seating for 4
- The kitchen with its delightful window seat is well equipped with a gas hob, electric oven, Tassimo and filter coffee machines, kettle, toaster, and fridge freezer
- Next to the kitchen is the bathroom/utility room which has a walk-in shower, w.c. and also a washing machine.
There are 2 bedrooms (1 double bed, 2 twin beds) sleeping up to 4 people on the 1st floor of the house. Both bedrooms have air-conditioning.
Also on this level is a w.c. and a workspace on the landing.
- The double bedroom with its 1.6m bed has view over the pond and garden.
- The twin bedroom has a view to the rear of the house and to the countryside beyond.
- There is a separate w.c. on this level shared by both bedrooms
- A workspace is available on the landing with a desk and chair.
The house has a garden perfect for relaxation and play, there is a heated 8 x 4 pool with sun loungers and a dedicated seating area for sun-worshippers whilst the shaded terrace has another seating area for those not so inclined.
The terrace also has a dining table with seating for 4 overlooking the koi pond and garden. Hidden down a bamboo lined path you come to a ping pong table.
There is ample shaded parking for 2-3 cars next to the house and there are electric gates at the entrance of the park.
The park consists of this house and a larger one about 100 m away, privacy is maintained as a large growth of vegetation screens the houses from each other, but they do share the driveway.
N.B. The pool has a rolling cover for the safety of children, however, the pond does not have a barrier. Children need to be supervised at all times.
At a glance
Villa de la Petit Etang is in the countryside about 2km from the village of Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt.
Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt is perched on the hillside on the northern side of the Luberon valley with views sweeping across is length. The village has a delightful old town and there are many restaurants, boulangerie, and Tabac.
Above the village winds the ancient ramparts of the ruined castle alongside which makes for a great walk up to see the 11th-century church, the castle ruins next to the dam, and the several windmills dotted around the landscape, the views are a fine reward for your efforts.
The town also has tennis courts, a pump track, and an outdoor swimming pool.
- The nearest international airports to Saint-Saturnin-lès-Apt are Marseille (90km/55 miles), Nice (235km/146 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (165km/102 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (60km/37 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (72km/44 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions