This villa is ideally placed in a quiet neighborhood on the edges of the village of Oppede, so you can equally be a few minutes into the village with all its amenities or exploring the surrounding countryside.
The 4 bedroom house has a garden that wraps around the house with several terraces most notably the large dining terrace at the rear that leads to the pool and its shading oak trees.
The main corridor leads from the front door straight through the house passing the bedrooms and bathrooms to the large open entertaining space of the kitchen, dining area and living room.
The house sleep 8 in 4 bedrooms with 4 bathrooms, all on one level.
- The first bedroom with an ensuite shower area and w.c, with large patio doors leading to the front garden giving it independent access if required.
- Bedroom 2 has has two single beds and with access through to bedroom 1 can make an ideal family suite or can be made into a double as required.
- Bedroom 3 has a double bed with a view to the side garden through large patio door giving access to a terrace, the dedicated bathroom for this bedroom is across the hall.
- Bedroom 4 similarily has a double bed with a view to the side garden through large patio door giving access to a terrace, the dedicated bathroom for this bedroom is across the hall.
The garden at Maison du petit bois is ideal for relaxing and entertaining in. The terrace leading accessed from the kitchen or living room provide comfortable seating at one end and a dining table with seating for 8 at the other. A shading awning overhead helps to keep the area cool, and for the ultimate refreshment, there is the inviting pool.
On the shady terrace area next to the kitchen there is a BBQ for cooking outdoors too. The garden wraps around the house and gives plenty of space for games and exploring for younger guests and perhaps boules for the older ones.
The house is fenced and enclosed all around and benefits from a gate for secure off-street parking.
At a glance
Villa du Petit Bois is near the centre of the village of Oppede, less than 5 minutes’ walk to restaurants and bakery.
The two Oppedes are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley.
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Friday 4pm to the following Friday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1000 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed. Pets are allowed in the house, there will be a supplementary cost of €50.
- Full rental conditions