This 2 bedroom villa is a welcoming and elegant home to spend your time in Provence celebrating both indoor and outdoor living, with a beautiful garden and pool framing the view out to the Luberon hills. The amenities of the village are just a few minutes walk away. The house is laid out on one level with 2 double bedrooms and an open living/dining and kitchen all designed to lead you through into the garden
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped with a 3-ring induction stove, wall-mounted oven, American-style fridge/freezer with water and ice dispenser, dishwasher, espresso machine and Senseo coffee machine
- Living Room: A cosy relaxing area, fireplace, TV (UK and French TV inc. Netflix) , the living room opens out to the garden and through to the dining room. The house has WiFi fibre optic internet.
- Dining Room: A delightful lightfilled entertaining space with a table to seat 6, open to kitchen and living room with doors out to the garden.
- Utility: Behind the kitchen is a large utility room with a washer and dryer.
- Guest WC: Accessed from the utility room.
The house sleeps 4 people in 2 double bedrooms all on one level. 1 bedroom can be split into twin beds is preferred
- Bedroom 1: With views to the rear of the house it has 1.5m wide double bed, an en suite with shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With views to the side of the house it has a 1.8m wide bed which can be split into 2 single beds. There is an en suite bathroom with a shower, basin and WC.
Villa Dumaines is in the village of Cabrieres d’Avignon, but it has the great benefit of a well designed inviting garden and pool.
The house flows from several terraces wrapped around the house leading down to the naturally styled pool 8m x 4.5m ideal for a refreshing swim and lounging beside.
There is a top dining terrace where there is a summer kitchen complete with a BBQ, gas hob, microwave, sink and wine cooler, after preparing your meal you can then dine with the wonderful view and the smells of the Provencal garden around you.
From the top terrace accessed directly from the lounge you can take in the full view and the garden which is planted perfectly with provencal colours and scents: olive and oleander, roses and rosemary, lavendar, vines and figs
There is private parking on the gated driveway.
At a glance
In our view
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool has an alarm for security, but parental supervision is still needed for young children.
The house is in between the village of Cabrieres d’Avignon and Coustellet in the Luberon region of Provence.
Cabrieres d’Avignon is an authentic Provence village, with the same gorgeous honey-coloured stone as its famous neighbour Gordes, but fewer visitors. Cabrieres has what you need to avoid shopping in the car – bakery, grocery, butcher and restaurant. The village also has public tennis courts and a children’s playground so it’s a good choice for families. Five minutes down the road are all the shops and farmers’ market of Coustellet. In the other direction you can head into excellent hiking territory, or follow the remains of the medieval ‘plague wall’ which was built to keep the plague out.
- The nearest international airports to Cabrieres d’Avignon are Avignon (24km/14 miles), Nimes (85km/52 miles), Montpellier (123km/76 miles), Marseille (67km/41 miles), Nice (237km/147 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Cabrieres d’Avignon is Avignon TGV (34km/21 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 500 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions