€1130-€2142 / week
Kitchen: Gorgeous chef’s kitchen to inspire great creations.
Location: Under 5 minutes to two lovely Luberon hill-top villages.
Garden: With pool and boules court, and Provencal planting.
Design: High-quality renovation, 2-bed/2-bath and private pool.
Villa Lacoste is a pristine 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom rental villa with private pool in the ‘golden triangle’ of the Luberon, right between the villages of Menerbes and Lacoste. At its heart is the stunning chef’s kitchen, open-plan to the large living room, and the finish throughout is to a high standard. The house sits in the middle of a typically Provence garden, along with outdoor dining spots and boules court, in a quiet residential country setting.
The house is single-storey, with the a few steps up to the front door. The living/dining room and kitchen are open-plan and open out to the south-facing terrace.
- Living Room: Light and spacious, with fireplace at one end and dining table next to the kitchen, french doors opening to the terrace. There are satellite TV with French and some English-language channels, and WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: Fantastic professional-standard kitchen, all in stainless steel, with 5-ring induction stove, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, double sink, filter coffee machine.
- Laundry Room: In the garage are washing machine and dryer.
The house sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms, with one bedroom offering the flexibility of either a double bed or two singles. Both bedrooms have their own bathroom.
- Master Bedroom: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed, a dual-aspect room with dressing area, and en suite bathroom with bath, walk-in shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: Can be either a 1.8m/6ft-wide double or 2 single beds.
- Bathroom 2: Next to bedroom 1, with shower, basin and WC.
The house is set in 1390 sq m (15,000 sq ft) of garden within a sleepy residential close between Menerbes and Lacoste. There are shaded dining spots, pool and a real boules pitch.
Along the front of the house, facing south, is a shaded terrace by the kitchen and living room, and then a dining table under a pergola. To the side of this area is the boules pitch.
From here steps lead down to the pool, which is 9 x 4 m (30 x 13 ft) and has roman steps at one end. A large pool area has sunloungers and seating, as well as an outdoor shower.
The mature garden is planted with lavender and rosemary, oleander and box, pines and olive trees and a great deal more.
There is one off-street parking spot and plenty of free parking on the street.
At a glance
1 Double bed
2 Single beds
1 Shower room
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Design: Everything has been carefully thought out, with two good bedrooms and bathrooms, a bright living space, and the stunning kitchen at the heart of the action.
- Garden: With its different levels, rich plantings, dining spots and boules court, the garden packs a lot into an appealing setting.
- Location: Very quiet and under 5 minutes in either direction from the restaurants, cafes, bakery and life of Menerbes and Lacoste.
- Pool: It’s quite rare to have a private pool for a 2-bedroom house that is fully independent and not part of a larger property, so here you go!
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool is not fenced but has an alarm system. For small children extra care and supervision is advised.
- Accessibility: Although it is all on one level, the house is not quite fully accessible as there are some steps up to the entrance, as well as steps to the pool.
Villa Lacoste is in a quiet, wooded close in the Luberon countryside 1.3 miles from Lacoste and 2 miles from Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
Lacoste is famed as the home of the Marquis de Sade, whose castle still dominates the village, with amazing views over the Luberon valley. The village is beautifully preserved with almost no trace of modernisation, and it has a couple of restaurants and the Cafe de France with its grandstand view to Bonnieux.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions