€2380-€3570 / week
Setting: Very peaceful haven away from it all.
Lavender and River: With its own lavender field and stretch of shallow river.
Terrace: Lovely outdoor dining area with BBQ.
Pool and Hot tub: Beautifully integrated into the natural setting.
Villa Lavande is a special place away from the world where you are master of your domain, with only the lavender for company, and a hot tub to enjoy the starry night sky. The house is single-storey and has an away-from-it-all feel, although close to the beautiful village of Bonnieux. For those really hot days the house benefits from air conditioning throughout
- Kitchen: Open-plan to the living room, the kitchen has oven, 4-ring stove, microwave, fridge-freezer and dishwasher.
- Living Room: With fireplace, bookshelves, dining table and comfortable sofas and cosy coffee corner, opening out to the terrace.
- Laundry: With washer and dryer.
The house sleeps 6 in 3 bedrooms, with 3 bathrooms. All are on the ground floor and air conditionined.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom has a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, basin and WC. The bedroom opens out to the terrace.
- Bedroom 2: With 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed and an en suite bathroom with shower and basin. WC in the corridor between bedrooms 2 and 3.
- Bedroom 3: With 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed and bathroom with shower and basin. WC in the corridor between bedrooms 2 and 3.
Villa Lavande is in 5 acres of land and very private, with no visible neighbours. It feels like an idyllic retreat from the world. To the front of the house the lavender field is in bloom from mid-June to early August. The house has a pool and it has an outdoor hot tub/jacuzzi naturally set in the slope behind the house – ideal for stargazing.
To the front the decked terrace has a beautiful dining table carved from a single slab of wood, with the shade of the pergola overhead and a stone-built barbecue alongside. Next to the dining table is the outdoor sitting area with sofa, armchairs and sunloungers.
Steps lead down from the terrace down to the pool deck with a 11.5m x 4m pool, set beautifully against the natural form of the rock face.
At the back of the house are the sheltering rock and light Provence woods, with a Moroccan deck for evening drinks, and above that, set in the rock, is the hot tub. In the shade of the trees are a table and chairs for picnics.
The house is well away from any roads, down a country path with gated access, and has secure parking.
At a glance
3 Double beds
2 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Away from it all: Choose from the large library of jazz and classical title, play on the record-player, turn up to full volume, and you won’t disturb a soul. The house is a secluded haven.
- Lavender field: Your very own lavender field right in front of the house.
- Hot tub: The hot tub at night under a starry sky is a special way to experience the natural world of Provence.
- Air Conditioning: Throughout the house the air conditioning keeps you cool on very hot days.
- River fun: 100m from the house you will find your own stretch of a shallow lazy river to picnic at and cool off beside.
Things to note
- Hot Tub: The Hot tub is set away from the house and has a wooden cover but children should be supervised.
- Pool Safety: The pool is not fenced but has an alarm system. For small children extra care and supervision is advised.
- River: The river is 100m away and shallow but again children should be supervised.
The house is in a peaceful country setting 5 miles from the villages of Bonnieux and Goult in the Luberon region of Provence.
Bonnieux is as picture-perfect from afar as it is on the inside. Beautifully preserved and also alive all year thanks to its shops, cafes and especially its many restaurants. There is fine architecture to be seen in Bonnieux’s streets, dating back to the middle ages. And another reason to love Bonnieux – it has magnificent views, facing west there is a panorama that takes in half of the Luberon. The Friday morning market in Bonnieux is a must, it’s well stocked with stalls and very picturesque too.
- The nearest international airports to Bonnieux are Marseille (82km/48 miles), Nice (218km/128 miles), Nimes (100km/59 miles), Montpellier (142km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Bonnieux are Aix-en-Provence TGV (57km/33 miles) and Avignon TGV (50km/29 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 400 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions