The traditional farmhouse was completely renovated in 2012 and is situated in the beautiful Provencal countryside between Menerbes and Oppede villages.
Set on one level the house has a welcoming large open plan kitchen/dining/living room leading onto the terrace and garden beyond and is air-conditioned for added comfort on hot days.
- Kitchen: Large and open and fully equipped with all new appliances, including a black lacquered Lacanche oven.
- Dining: The antique dining room table will comfortably seat eight with views onto the terrace and garden.
- Living: The light-filled centre of the home is comfortable both summer and winter, with air conditioning, heating, and a roaring fire in the original fireplace for the winter. Morning sun pours in through the French doors opening on to the terrace for dining.
Spaciously laid out with four bedrooms, three bathrooms and a grand salon – the house comfortably sleeps eight. Two of the bedrooms have ensuites, while the two smaller rooms share a large bathroom.
- Bedroom 1: The master bedroom with king-size bed has french doors onto its own terrace overlooking the pool. The sitting area is separated from the main terrace by a bank of wild rosemary, lavender, and thyme. The ensuite bathroom has a large, walk-in shower, and bath.
- Bedroom 2: The second large bedroom also has a queen-size bed and an ensuite bathroom with shower.
- Bedroom 3: Has a queen-size bed and the other has two twins that can be pushed together or left separate.
- Bedroom 4: Has two twins that can be pushed together to create another King-size bed or left separate.
- Upstairs Bathroom: For Bedroom 3 and 4 there is a bathroom with walk-in shower
Arriving at the front of the house through the gates there is off-street parking for several vehicles.
The garden wraps around the house but principally flows down from the house from the vine-covered dining terrace through to the fenced pool and beyond with views out across the Luberon landscape
As well as the terrace for entertaining, there is a covered summer kitchen with BBQ and shaded dining table for 8.
The garden hold many floral delights so you will have the fragrances of lavender, rosemary and many other Provencal favourites mixed with pines including oaks and olive trees too.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Gated Pool: Set in a lovely garden with views to the Luberon hills and a fence for child safety.
- Garden: Pretty and varied grounds to play and relax in.
- Air conditioning: The bedrooms all benefit from air conditioning.
- Location: Set in a calm location just 5 minutes in the car from both Menerbes or Oppede to get a baguette, coffee, or a table at the restaurants.
Things to note
- Pool Security: Although the pool has a fence, care should be taken with small children.
Villa Les Oliviers, Oppede is in a calm setting between the villages of Menerbes and Oppede.
There are two Oppedes which are quite different in character: Oppede-le-vieux, perched halfway up the Luberon mountain, is the original medieval village dating back 1000 years or so, and is a fascinating time-locked glimpse into the past, with no hint of modernity allowed inside the walls. You can walk up to the church and castle ruins above the village for a spectacular view over the Luberon valley.
Down in the valley the new Oppede is where the population descended to in the last century, and this is a completely untouristy, authentic Provence village with two restaurants and a bar, bakery and tennis courts. Oppede is a calm and well-positioned base from which to explore the region’s highlights.
Menerbes is Oppede’s more famous neigbour, with a beautiful medieval town and far reaching views.
- The nearest international airports to Oppede are Marseille (60km/37 miles), Nice (166km/103 miles), Nimes (69km/42 miles), Montpellier (160km/99 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Oppede are Avignon TGV (27km/16 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (43km/26 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €800 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking is not allowed in the house. Dogs are welcomed but must stay on the ground floor.
- Full rental conditions
No review found! Insert a valid review ID.