€1115-€2660 / week
Size: Comfortably big enough for 6 but still cosy.
Price: A good affordable option for 6 people.
Pool: Sweet spot to hang out under the shade of the pergola.
Garden: A well tended, terraced and lawned garden with olive trees over 26,000 sq ft.
Villa Lioux is a single-storey villa with pool sleeping 6 people in 3 bedrooms. The house and garden face out over the Provence countryside just outside Lioux. Inside the living space is 120 sq. m (1300 sq ft). Along the front of the house are the living room, dining room and kitchen, all open-plan and opening onto the terrace with outdoor dining table. And along the back are the bedrooms. Note that in summer bookings are 2 weeks minimum with fixed dates as below in the booking conditions section.
- Living Room: The living room has TV/DVD with French and English-language channels, and hifi. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: Equipped with 4-ring stove, oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, espresso machine and washing machine.
- Dining Room: Dining table is in between kitchen and living room, and there is an outdoor table out on the terrace.
The house sleeps 6 people in 3 bedrooms, with 2 bathrooms. Two bedrooms are doubles and one is a twin. All bedrooms are on the ground floor as there is no upstairs.
- Bedroom 1: With 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double bed and an en suite bathroom with shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: With 1.4m/4.6ft-wide double bed.
- Bedroom 3: With two single beds, each 90cm/3ft wide.
- Bathroom 2: Shower and basin, and a separate WC.
The garden is 2400 sq m (26,000 sq ft), and drops down on terraced levels from the house, with lawn, olive trees and pool area. The view is over countryside, and from the pool you can see the Luberon mountain.
The pool measures 9.5 x 4.5m (31 x 15ft) and is 1.5m/5ft deep, with steps at one end. The pool has a security alarm and is open from May to October. There is a shaded seating area by the pool as well as sunloungers.
There is plenty of parking available on the drive.
At a glance
2 Double beds
2 Single beds
2 Shower rooms
Baby cot/high chair
In our view
What we like
- Garden: Landscaped with different levels, and olive trees, looking out to the countryside.
- Pool: With a shaded seating area and comfortable furniture.
- Layout: The house is well thought out, with the bedrooms at the back and the living rooms all at the front with the view and terrace.
- Price: Simply a really good price for 3 bedrooms and private pool in a lovely part of Provence.
Things to note
- Pool: The pool is gated and has a security alarm, but this does not mean a determined toddler can’t find their way in, so extra care is needed with young children.
Villa Lioux 2km west of the tiny village of Lioux.
Lioux is a very picturesque little place nestling at the foot of the distinctive Sainte-Madeleine cliff, but too small to have any shops or restaurants.
Close by villages are Joucas, 6km away, and then you have the stunning ochre village of Roussillon 7km away, and all the attractions of Saint-Saturnin-les-Avignon, 11km to the east. All are a short drive away but if you want to go on a memorable hike you just leave from your doorstep. A walk along the cliff that dominates Lioux is recommended.
- The nearest international airports are Marseille (75km/46 miles), Nice (247/153 miles), Nimes (95km/59 miles), Montpellier (135km/83 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations are Avignon TGV (45km/27 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (83km/51 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season, flexible the rest of the year.
- Summer bookings: 2-week bookings only in summer and for the following dates: July 7-21, July 21-August 4, August 4-18, August 18-September 1.
- Minimum stay rest of year: 1 week.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €800 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed in the house.
- Full rental conditions