A modern Provence villa with heated pool on a private hillside 1 mile from the gorgeous village of Lourmarin. The house sleeps 8 with bedrooms upstairs and downstairs, and has a large open-plan space with living room, kitchen and dining room that opens out to the terrace and pool area.
- Living/Dining Room: A large space with high ceiling, featuring sitting area around the fireplace, TV/DVD with English-language news channels, HiFi and Wii games console. The room also has a tuned piano. There is WiFi internet throughout.
- Kitchen: Equipped with oven, induction stove, dishwasher, fridge-freezer, microwave, filter coffee machine.
- Study: On the upstairs landing with table and book library.
- Utility room: In the garage, with washing machine, tumble dryer and second fridge.
The house sleeps 8 people in 4 bedrooms, with 3 bathrooms. Two bedrooms are on the ground floor and two are upstairs. One of the bedrooms is on the mezzanine level over the living room. All bathrooms have hairdryers.
- Bedroom 1: The dual-aspect master bedroom is upstairs and has a 1.8m/6ft-wide bed, a baby cot and en suite bathroom with bath and overhead shower, double basins and WC.
- Bedroom 2: Upstairs and on the mezzanine level over, and therefore open to, the living room. This can be either 2 single beds or a 1.8m/6ft-wide double. The en suite bathroom has shower, basin and WC.
- Bedroom 3: Ground-floor bedroom with 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed, opening out to the front terrace.
- Bedroom 4: Ground-floor, dual-aspect bedroom with 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed.
- Bathroom 3: The ground-floor bathroom has a bath with hand-held shower, double basins and separate WC.
Villa Lourmarin is set in 1 acre of a private gated hillside of pine trees 1 mile from Lourmarin, with a large, south-facing terrace to the front with dining table and Weber BBQ, as well as a sitting area.
Beyond the terrace is the pool area with sunloungers and parasols. The house has an outdoor ping pong table and table football (foosball).
The garden and pool are beautifully lit up at night.
There is penty of off-street, gated parking.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Location: You can walk to Lourmarin 1 mile away, with its fantastic range of restaurants, as well as a great Friday morning market, boutiques and street cafes
- Setting: Very quiet as this is a gated hillside so only residents use the road. There are pine trees cocooning the house, leaving a view to the south.
- Outdoor living: A lovely dining spot with Weber BBQ comes into its own at night when the garden and pool are lit up.
Things to note
- Pool security: The pool is has an alarm for security but care should be taken with young children.
The house is on a gated hillside 1 mile (1.5km) from the village of Lourmarin.
Lourmarin has everything you would want in a Provence village. It is gorgeous to look at, it even has a Renaissance castle and Romanesque chapel just outside the village walls to make it even more picturesque. The range of restaurants is second to none, from simple to high-end. And the centre is packed with street cafes. The icing on the cake is the Friday morning market, one of the best in the Luberon and a must-see even if you are not buying.
- The nearest international airports to Lourmarin are Marseille (57km/35 miles), Nice (206km/128 miles), Nimes (96km/59 miles), Montpellier (151km/93 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Lourmarin are Avignon TGV (65km/40 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (46km/28 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities
- After-stay clean: €250
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €1500 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside.
- Full rental conditions