Just a 10 minute easy walk to the delightful village of Cabrieres d’Avignon with its boulangerie, butcher and grocery, and a 10 minute drive to Gordes, this wonderful 4 bedroom house sits on its own hilltop with a magnificent breath-taking view across the Luberon valley below. The house is beautifully furnished with grounds to match.
Entering the house into the open plan living area you immediately are struck by the high ceilings with Provencale wooden beams, luxurious furnishings, and the feeling of space and relaxation it gives.
- The living area has a 4-seater sofa, and 1 armchair. Here you will find a TV with international channels, and through the glass doors you come to a relaxing atrium with two lounging chairs looking out to the garden. For those who might need to use their laptops, a desk and chair are located in the atrium with greenery all around.
- The kitchen is slightly to the side of the dining area and is open enough to be able to chat with others whilst preparing meals and drinks. Here you will find all you require to create delightful dinners and croissant laden breakfasts. With fridge-freezer, electric hob and oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee machine, mixer and toaster.
- The dining area next to the kitchen and lounge has a view out to the garden through the patio doors and has sufficient space for 8 people.
- A laundry room with a washing machine and tumble dryer is located on the ground floor.
- The house has Fibre internet and Wi-Fi throughout.
The house sleeps up to 8 in 4 bedrooms, 1 being a mezzanine to the 3rd bedroom. There is 1 bedroom on the lower floor and the others on the 1st floor. All bedrooms benefit from airconditioning.
- Bedroom 1: Tastefully decorated with a 160cm double bed and a sofa, and a large Provencale cupboard and hanging rail for storage. Airconditioned and with an ensuite shower room, it also has patio doors leading to the garden.
- Bathroom 1: Ensuite to Bedroom 1 with shower. sink and w.c.
- Bedroom 2: A delightful light filled high ceilinged suite that has a 180cm double bed and a large balcony overlooking the garden and valley with views of Gordes. Airconditioned and with a large wardrobe for storage. Above this room is the mezzanine bedroom.
- Bedroom 3: A cleverly conceived idea in the eaves of the high-ceilinged room, it is a welcoming nest with a 140cm double bed and built in storage, airconditioned and spacious.
- Bathroom 2: A shower room with a walk in shower and a sink shared by Bedroom 2 and 3.
- W.C.: Independent from the shower rooms.
- Bedroom 4: An inviting room with a view to the garden, with a 160cm double bed which can be split into two single beds if required, chest of drawers, airconditioned and comfortable armchair.
- Bathroom 3. A shower room with a walk in shower and a sink. for Bedroom 4.
You enter the grounds via electric remote-controlled gates with a delightful gazebo soon after you enter, and the drive up to the house affords glimpses of the views from the hilltop on both sides.
From the parking area you can descend a gentle ramp to the pool level. Or you continue to the house and from the upper terrace look over the large grounds laid out below.
You can take the delightful flower lined and shady stone path down to the pool level, passing a dining area (with Provencale table and chairs, and a fridge) to the olive lined path that opens out onto the pool terrace and the magnificent, breath-taking view to the Luberon valley.
From the pool level those wanting to play games in the field can access the area easily and be watched on by those preferring to be more leisurely alongside the pool.
You are spoilt for choice for dining and relaxing areas around the house and grounds. On one side of the house near the kitchen is the largest dining terrace with space for 8 or more, a BBQ area and a view to the other side of the hill toward Cabrieres village and the surrounding countryside.
Just off this terrace and surrounded by pine trees is another dining table that can seat 6 and is ideal for kids wanting their own area. Apart from the other dining area near the pool.
At a glance
The house is on the outskirts of the village of Cabrieres d’Avignon.
Cabrieres d’Avignon is an authentic Provence village, with the same gorgeous honey-coloured stone as its famous neighbour Gordes, but fewer visitors. Cabrieres has what you need to avoid shopping in the car – bakery, grocery, butcher and restaurant. The village also has public tennis courts and a children’s playground so it’s a good choice for families. Five minutes down the road are all the shops and farmers’ market of Coustellet. In the other direction you can head into excellent hiking territory, or follow the remains of the medieval ‘plague wall’ which was built to keep the plague out.
- The nearest international airports to Cabrieres d’Avignon are Avignon (24km/14 miles), Nimes (85km/52 miles), Montpellier (123km/76 miles), Marseille (67km/41 miles), Nice (237km/147 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail station to Cabrieres d’Avignon is Avignon TGV (34km/21 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 1000 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions