Villa Roussillon is a single-storey, contemporary villa with air-conditioned bedrooms, with the large living and dining room at the centre, and bedrooms to the sides. From the living room the wide sliding windows disappear into the walls to merge the inside and outside spaces.
- Living Room: A big space with leather sofas around a fireplace and TV/DVD in one half of the room, and the dining table in the other half. There are both French and English-language channels on the TV, and high-speed WiFi internet.
- Kitchen: Equipped with oven, 4-ring stove, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, microwave, filter coffee machine, and Nespresso. The kitchen also opens onto the south-facing terrace.
- Laundry Room: With washing machine, tumble dryer and a second fridge-freezer.
- Study: Writing desk and day-bed, next to the master bedroom.
- Guest WC
Villa Roussillon sleeps 8 people with 4 air-conditioned double bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, all on the ground floor, and each bedroom has its own TV/DVD with satellite channels.
- Master Bedroom: Opening onto the main terrace, the master bedroom has a 1.8m/6ft-wide bed. The en suite bathroom has bath with handheld shower, double basins and toilet.
- Bedroom 2: With a 1.6m/5.25ft-wide bed. En suite bathroom with a shower and basin, and a separate toilet.
- Bedroom 3: With 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed and shared connected bathroom with bedroom 4, with shower, basin and toilet.
- Bedroom 4: Sharing the third bathroom with bedroom 3, bedroom 4 has a 1.4m/4.6ft-wide bed.
From the terrace, garden and pool there is a fabulous view to the south. The hilltop villages of Bonnieux and Lacoste are framed against the backdrop of the Luberon mountain.
There are 3 acres (1.25ha) of garden with terrace, pool area and pine trees.
The pool is heated from May to October and measures 10m x 4.2m (33ft x 14ft). The pool has a sliding rigid cover for security, roman steps at one end and safety step along the sides. Around the pool are sun loungers and parasols, and of course that view.
Outdoor dining can be on the terrace under an awning, or in the garden under the shade of the pergola alongside the bbq.
Secure parking is to the rear of the house, and the entrance to the property is gated.
At a glance
In our view
What we like
- Views: The house has an extraordinary high, wraparound view that will inspire and delight.
- Location: In quiet countryside but a short distance into the buzzing village of Roussillon.
- Design: Living room and outside merge into one space – you don’t get that with the older Provencal houses – as well as air-conditioned bedrooms.
- Outside: Amid the pine trees it’s a peaceful vibe and everywhere outside there is the view.
Things to note
- Pool safety: The pool has a rigid, motorised cover for security but extra care should be taken with young children.
Villa Roussillon is in a quiet setting 1.6km/1 mile from the village of Roussillon.
Roussillon is one of the most recognisable villages in France. It used to be known for its ochre quarry, now it is known for the spectacular palette of ochre shades that colour the houses – there are said to be 17 different hues from yellow to pink. Roussillon is not just a pretty face, as a popular village it has several restaurants, art boutiques and a quaint market on Thursday mornings, so it is a good village base too. Not to mention the other-worldly ochre quarry which you can visit on a circuit of the ochre walk (sentier des ocres).
- The nearest international airports to Roussillon are Marseille (81km/50 miles), Nice (228km/141 miles), Nimes (101km/62 miles), Montpellier (141km/87 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed railway stations to Roussillon are Avignon TGV (50km/31 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (88km/54 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 4pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, utilities, 2 hours cleaning per week, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of €800 against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are prohibited in this house.
- Full rental conditions