Benefitting from a perfect position to benefit from the views across the Luberon valley to Mont Ventoux. Whilst enjoying the magnificent view the house is also set on the edge of the village of Menerbes just a few minutes walk to the centre of the village and its amenities.
The villa has a stylish open plan design finished to a high level of decor and functionality. The living rooms are on an open plan design behind which are 2 bedrooms and a further 2 upstairs.
The house has a centralised air conditioning and heating system that reaches all ground floor rooms and individual units for upstairs, ensuring the entire house can be climate controlled for your comfort.
- To the right is a partly enclosed study lined by beautiful bookshelves and features two Eames comfortable leather chairs for relaxing with a book or watching TV. There is a desk here too which makes for an ideal home office. And views to the side and rear garden.
- Walking through to the living room you feel instantly relaxed gazing out at the garden and the view of the Luberon valley beyond through the large windows to the front, and to the rear you have the view of rear garden with its dining terrace leading up to the pool.
- The living room itself is a delight with its mid century style icons in the furniture choices from the comfortable sofa and armchairs to the elegant dining table and chairs .
- Through to the open kitchen you will find all you could need to cater for your stay and easy access to the dining area. There is an induction hob, electric oven and microwave. For chilling food and drinks there is a large fridge freezer with ice maker and for coffee there is a Nespresso machine.
- In the hallway there is a w.c.
- On the basement level there are washing and drying facilities.
The house has 4 bedrooms and sleeps 8 on two levels with 2 bedrooms on the ground floor.
The bedrooms are accessed by walking through a door at the rear of the lounge into a stairwell up several steps you come to a master suite and guest double bedroom.
By climbing the stairs after the lounge you come to the sitting area with seating overlooking the view to the pool and rear garden or alternatively another seated area with an electric piano at the front looking towards the valley view. Here are two further bedrooms of this room and 2 bathrooms
All bedrooms benefit from air-conditioning, like the rest of the house.
- Bedroom 1 – the master suite has been beautifully appointed and decorated having views to both the rear garden terraces. It has an ensuite shower room, and a comfortable double 160cm bed
- Bathroom 1 – Ensuite to the master suite with shower and a separate w.c.
- Bedroom 2 – This room has a 140cm double bed room with views out to the front garden and valley. This room also has an ensuite shower room.
- Bathroom 2 – Ensuite to bedroom 2 with shower and a separate w.c.
- Bedroom 3 – With a view of the rear garden and pool terrace this bedroom has a 140cm double bed. Across the upper lounge is a bathroom for the bedroom.
- Bathroom 3 – Dedicated bathroom to bedroom 3 with shower and w.c.
- Bedroom 4 – This room has twin 80cm single beds which can be made up to a 160cm double bed with views out to the front garden and valley. This room also has an ensuite shower room across the upper lounge.
- Bathroom 4 – Dedicated bathroom to the bedroom 4 with shower and w.c
The house, although only a short walk into the village, is set in a quiet part of the Menerbes hillside. The front garden has a wide panoramic view over the Luberon valley and on to Mont Ventoux. Here there is a garden lounge area with a shading umbrella so that you can step out from the house, relax and take in the views.
If you want a shaded area for dining the rear garden has the ideal spot underneath the vines of a shading pergola.
Moving up to the pool terrace there is the 8m heated round pool with sun loungers for relaxing in the sunshine and a shaded pool house too.
The next level up has a play area for children and a bench for taking in the views from the higher vantage point. A table tennis table can also be set-up outside.
There is a gated driveway leading to the house for secure off-road parking
At a glance
The house is in a quiet setting in the village of Menerbes.
Menerbes is a perfect Provence village – picturesque, perched above the vineyards with terrific views all around, and blessed with good restaurants, bar and small food stores, as well as the seasonal market on Thursday mornings. Peter Mayle came here to write ‘A Year in Provence’, he left long ago but everything that delighted him and his readers is still in place. Art expos and a classical music festival give Menerbes a gentle buzz in the summer.
- The nearest international airports to Menerbes are Marseille (70km/41 miles), Nice (148 miles), Nimes (91km/56 miles), Montpellier (131km/81 miles).
- The nearest TGV high-speed rail stations to Menerbes are Avignon TGV (41km/25 miles) and Aix-en-Provence TGV (76km/25 miles).
- Rental period: The rental week runs from Saturday 5pm to the following Saturday 10am in peak season. Arrival and departure are flexible the rest of the year.
- Minimum Stay: 1 week in peak season. Flexible the rest of the year.
- Included: Linens and towels, pool towels, utilities, after-stay clean.
- Damage deposit: There is a refundable security deposit of 1000 euros against any breakages or damage.
- Smoking and Pets: Smoking and pets are not allowed inside the house.
- Full rental conditions